Treasure Island

J.L. Mann High School Academy presented its Spring 2007 play, Robert Louis Stevenson's TREASURE ISLAND adapted by Ara Watson: April 13 (7:30 PM), 14 (7:30 PM), 15 (3 PM), 19 (7:30 PM), & 20 (7:30 PM) in the J.L. Mann High School Auditorium. "One boy's thrilling adventure in search of buried treasure on a distant and mysterious island...complete with stolen map, pirates, swashbuckling battles, betrayal, and the infamous Long John Silver, who just may be the 'devil himself!'"

Sunday, April 22, 2007


1750 people saw TREASURE ISLAND. Here is what a few of them had to say:

"The students loved the play yesterday! We appreciate the invitation and hope to come again sometime. You did a fabulous job." PAT SANDZEN, 1st GRADE TEACHER, STONE ACADEMY

"There were so many things we loved, but we mostly loved how you all made the evening an experience, not just a performance." CRYSTAL JACKSON, DRAMA TEACHER, HILLCREST HIGH

"I thought that tonight's show was just remarkable. I wish everyone who sees it could know what a departure it is from traditional 'high school theatre.'" MARK ALLEN

"Thank you for letting my class come to the play of TREASURE ISLAND. I really enjoyed it. I think everyone did a really good job and they should be proud of themselves." JACQUELINE SEPPALA, 7th GRADE, BLUE RIDGE MIDDLE

"La pièce TREASURE ISLAND sera jouée par une troupe d'étudiants du lycée." ÉRIC DUMAIT, DIRECTEUR, FRENCH SCHOOL

"Just wanted to say again how much I enjoyed the play yesterday. It was the best high school play production that I have seen. " MARY ANN COLLINS, SCIENCE TEACHER, J.L. MANN HIGH

"It's the best drama I've seen on the J.L. Mann stage in the 12 years I've been here!!" STEVE GARNER, ART TEACHER, J.L. MANN HIGH

"AWESOME stuff!" JEFF DUNCAN, SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER, J.L. MANN HIGH

4 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Ames said...

O dear lord thats a lot of people. Score one for the awesome drama department. I wonder if more people came to our play than sporting events. ( avr people per game/show)

15:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this interesting feeling that I will be still checking this blog for like......forever waiting to see more of the pictures Jocelin's dad took.



hahahahhaha.

PS---TI = best show EVER. Nobody can top that yo. :D

23:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To start off, I'd like to say thanks. The play was a success and awesome beyond words, and I thank you for letting me help out in all the little ways I could. It was an honor to participate in such a production. Treasure Island was not only the best high school play, but the best play I've seen by far. I really can't wait for next year's. I'm sure it'll blow everyone's mind like this one did.

By the way, the painting will be coming along. It will be a huge piece and will take some time...so I'm not giving any dates, yet.

So, yeah. Once again, thanks, Coach (and everybody else on the cast!).

>>Moose

02:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, that's an awesome picture.

Has that been here the entire time?

16:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home